January 29, 2013

Dealing with the Cam Girl Competition


       Lately, I've been getting more and more e-mails about how catty and rude models are to other cam girls who ask for help and thanking me for being willing to share my knowledge and experience with cam models. On that note, I wanted to say a word about competition in the webcam modeling industry.

Cam Girl Competition
Is it real or simply a figment of your imagination?

In the book, Karmic Management, the author offers the following commentary on the subject of competition,

"The line between me and you is artificial ...Give up me versus you...Give up us versus them, create success for everyone. When you drop the boundaries and work for everyone's success...then, for the first time in your life, you are in harmony with the laws that govern the Universe. Your co-workers, your customers, your suppliers, and the world are no longer your competition, they are your business partners. You are them and they are you. When you help them win, you win too."

Marinate on that and keep it in mind the next time you find yourself caught up in gossip about another model behind her back (or on Twitter). Stop to consider the karmic repercussions before you start taking one of your regular customers for granted and remember this concept whenever you get the idea that you are too good, too busy, too whatever, to support other cam girls along their journey. The line between you and them is non-existent. If you help enough people get what they want, you get what you want automatically.

I mean, let's be honest, isn't this the way we've always wished things would worked?


2 comments:

  1. Yup. You pretty much sum it up. People say that there is nothing wrong with a little healthy competition. Im open to that school of thought, but admittedly, the catfights I can spot across my twitter timeline are far from "healthy".

    I would say that I spend little time complaining about people getting catty and cut to the chase. Sending them a DM (which wouldnt of hurt these 2 catty people to have done from the get-go, so that they can keep it off a public timeline) and asking them to cease adding to the negativity by doing this kind of stuff in public is about all I can manage to do. If they choose to step back and marinate on what Im telling them in DM, they can. But, I accept that they may not do that because, they likely cannot see the forrest from insisting that they stand in the center of it.

    Its nice to see this post out of you. I have had a shortcomings that I needed to improve and all I got was catty crap and people telling me that "if Im asking, it means I have no business doing it". Thats far from helpful.

    In other words (tl:dr) , I like your approach better. Help where you can, dont hold their hand through the whole thing so that they keep independent, but also...not put up with b.s. if people want to involve you in their petty arguments. Its all about filtering your negativity in a constructive manner. It makes your blogs and twitter timelines a lot more attractive by the positivity you bring. Honey is pretty tasty vs vinegar. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen Vixen. Thank you so much for your comment. "Healthy Competition", in my opinion, is like when a cam site runs a contest or something. I don't quite get why models are so catty, rude, and just plain unsupportive of each other. We are all is this together, what affects one of us, affects us all.

    Thank you again for commenting, Vixen. I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete