November 16, 2012

Will being a cam girl affect my future career goals?


    Q:  "I'm going to school for nursing, and I plan on eventually working towards my Doctorate in Nursing Anesthesia Practice, and I'm wondering if being a webcam model will have a negative impact on my getting into different training programs or getting hired at a hospital? What do you think? I need a professional's advice! I miss camming so much, I've just been apprehensive in starting back just because I don't know how it will impact my medical profession. My guess is that it wouldn't, but I'm not certain."


being a cam girl
   A: Great to hear from you! In my personal professional opinion, there's no reason that being a webcam model or having worked in adult entertainment should affect your ability to do anything else you want to do in life. I am a registered mentor with my county's school board and I have a 16 year old mentee that I work with. I have been fingerprinted and background checked numerous times over the years, while still actively being a webcam model, because I do a lot of volunteer work. There's no space on applications asking, "Have you ever worked in the adult industry" and if I ever did come across such a question, my answer would be, YES, I did it. AND? so what? How does that affect my ability to be an effective whatever-it-is-I'm-aiming-to-do? Always be honest and proud of your work.

make money with webcamI have a big problem with people/employers/etc. that bully ladies who have worked in the industry, as if we are not also fully capable of doing other things. I'm equally annoyed with ladies who have worked in our industry who allow themselves to be bullied, shamed or try to downplay their adult work, as some "young and dumb life mistake". Chile please! Stand up for yourself. People will treat you however you allow them to treat you. If you don't make your work as a cam girl seem like some shameful secret, than no one else will be able to hold it over your head either.

I am working with an attorney to get an official, legal, point of view on this matter because it is a question I get quite often. My advice for right now is to stay focused on what you want to do, be that nursing, camming, or both...and don't let anyone stop you. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment